Wednesday, January 26, 2011

...And I'll live my life to tell HIS story...

I feel like I should explain the title of my blog. The phrase "and I'll live my life to tell His story" is a phrase my dad has used many times in sermons. He has told a story of a pastor who, in his usual prayer time, had a vision. In the vision this pastor was riding a chariot. The chariot was headed toward a coliseum. As the chariot got closer it kept getting faster and faster.. Until finally the pastor was holding on to the chariot driver as tight as he could, just to stay on. Eventually the chariot was going at break-neck speed!! The pastor was using every ounce of his might just holding onto the driver so he could stay on. Once they reached the coliseum, they were going even faster! The coliseum was packed out. Thousands upon thousands of people were in the stands. But the funny thing is, they were screaming his name. He was baffled at this! Here he was just trying to hold on to the driver just to keep from falling, and the people were chanting his name! So he decided to scream back at them!! He started screaming to the top of his lungs "It's not me! It's him! It's not me! It's him!"
At that moment, the Lord arrested his attention and said "That's right. It's not you. It's me."

My dad has told this story many times. And he has adopted this as sort of a mission statement for our family. I have adopted it personally as a way to live my live. And I'll live my life to tell His story. Because it isn't me. It is Him.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment